Wednesday, May 10, 2006

What does love look like to you?

That's a good question huh? Everybody always knows what it feels like and what it sounds like even what it tastes like (mmmm, chocolate!) But what it looks like is more difficult....
One thinks....should I be thinking of a person place or thing? One of my favorite characters quoted "love is like oxygen" if that's true then love looks like anything and everything. All things are made up of oxygen it's the most basic element. Thus love will be the most basic of needs.
So, to anwser what love looks like to me. As a child it was my father walking into my room with a small gift when I had been sick in bed for days and reading me a story, Uncle Remus (with briar rabbit and briar bear) As a young girl it was the poodle skirt that my mom stayed up all night making so I could have the halloween costume I wanted in time. As a teenager it was the red head I had a crush on for so long smiling at me. As a adult it was the same face of that red head with flowers and the same smile. As a mother it is the smile in my baby boys that mirrors the smile of the red head that I still have a crush on after all of these years.
So, I guess love can look like many different things as one gets older but one thing stays the same it's the smile of those you love that's what love looks like to me.
On the other hand, I belive I have never before seen love in it's true form until I saw my first born for the first time. That image of mine and Brent's love made physical and bright technicolor and surround sound will be forever etched in my mind. That is true love at first sight. It's a crazy love that people say doesn't exist but I'll let you know that flash of lighting and feeling of love are one in the same. And until they have experienced it they will always doubt of it's exisistence.

So, my question for you is: What does love look like to you??

No comments: