Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Finally a girl!


This is our newest addtion! Her name is Holly Golightly she is a very petite 8 month old cat. She was a bit of a impulse...I was getting the bulliten printed at Staples and while I was waiting I walked out I could have gone to Borders (where I would spend lots of money) or Petsmart (where I would maybe get something for Rocky). So I went to Petsmart, walked around the dog section and saw on one side of the store they actually had an adoption center. Curious I went over and there was a small room with kennels and lots of cats! There was also a volunteer inside. So I go in...the 1st kennel on the top at eye level is this sweet tiny cat! I put my hand up to the cage and she starts purring and rubbing my hand like crazy! It was love at first sight. I asked the lady about her...she was rescued from a kill shelter and was really just needing a home.
I came home and well, Philip and I went back to go pick up the cat. We brought her home and Michael immediately loved her! She has taken to us pretty well too! Her and Rocky are still getting used to each other. She's so sweet and loves to cuddle. Which makes me happy
I got to pick her name....Holly Golightly is Audrey Hepburn's character in Breakfast at Tiffany's. She finds a stray cat in the movie and realizes that she too is a stray that needs love. I thought it fit since the cat was a stray and she is so small and petite. I'm looking for a Tiffany blue collar for her. It would be the only color for her!

No comments: