Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I did it and I want my medal!

Well after almost a week of constant conversations and annoying questions I have quiet!!! I felt like I had 3 extra kids that are 5 times more demanding than Philip and he's NOT that demanding. I had Michael to field and Philip to corral. And all the while keeping them to a dull roar because Brent was sleeping. The worse was I didn't get a 'break' because by the time Brent would get up I was in such a mood that I didn't want to talk or be nice. And he would be here long enough that we didn't have time to do all that much. I didn't have a menu for the week so we would just make whatever...by the end of the day I didn't even feel like cooking. I went to bed at midnight or later every night just to lay in bed because Brent wasn't there. If I stayed up he would just keep talking!! I acutally tried to do some of my bible study and put a movie on for background noise and he kept talking like I wasn't doing anything and got annoyed that I wasn't anwsering him and all of the questions. And the topics that he picked I really feel strongly about...ie his failed marriage and his alcholism (sp?). I just don't understand the whole concept of trading one dependency for another. You never over come it. But then like he said "you 'normals' can't understand us drunks" All I really wanted to say to that was "NO duh, your speech is impared!!" But I fought the urge.

AND I really got SUPER angry when he would correct Philip after I would!!! OHHH!!!! And then constantly get on to him over and over and he actually told him that he was acting like a "brat"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to launch an all out war on him!! But I calmly (as I could) told him that we don't call the boys negative names and WE DON'T TELL THEM THAT THEY ARE BAD!!!!!!!!!! What kind of psychological damage did he do to his own kids??? I really don't want mine to doubt thier self worth. The worst that we'll say is that they have really hurt our feelings and that they are acting naughty (naughty being temporary) When you label a child a 'brat' or bad they actually think that they are. Think about it...a long time ago when I was a teenager someone called me 'fat' (I was like 130) Boy was I SO NOT FAT!! but after a while I really thought I was!! And guess what now I really am....is there a connection? (I thought I was so why not really be) Plus for every negative comment you give a child (or even adult) you have to say 100 positive ones to cancel out the negative one. I have a lot of 'good' talk to do. To cancel out the visit. I won't even go there about the 4 letter words that came out of his mouth every 5th word or so.....But mark my words if Philip or Michael says just one........

Yesterday Brent got like 4 hours of sleep and I got 6 but I was the one competely drained and exausted!!! And being the sweet hubby he is he let me take the nap. I wanted to cry I was so tired. It was just so demanding and yes I want a spa break complete with massage and target practice (lol) and then I want a medal!!!!! A big shiny one!!! Because dang it! I did it! And I am the best wife there is!! I endured an excersize where Brent worked nights, the boys and our day to day lives and his father and constant talking and gas!!!! So if any of you want to send me letters of congratulations please feel free!! And if any of you know of a good resort let Brent know!!! :0)

No comments: