Monday, August 4, 2008

The Big Apple Twilight Style!



DeAnna is in the loop for Twilight stuff...and there was this 'little' concert with Stephanie Meyer and Justin Firstenfield (spelling) She was on the site the second they went on sale and got us tickets! So this is my 1st trip to NYC!



Waiting for my miracle! I was so excited to be on 34th street!



I'm such a tourist! Someone was getting arrested and I had to take a picture!



Wanting NYC pizza we found this little place just off of Times Square! Aptly named Bella!! We knew it was the place for us to eat!! And we were right! The last time I had pizza that good was in Rome!!



Along the way we found Madame Tussauds and thought why not! Dee hadn't been to the one in London and we had some time to kill...
And wouldn't you know! They have my friend and yours Jenn and not far within her view is Brangelina!! The NERVE!


It was fun hanging out with all the wax! At the end they have a 4-D theater that was awesome! This holiday season they are doing the Polar Express and it really snows in the theater!

So not knowing how long the line was around 4:30ish we found out! It looped around the building that is one city block!!



We finally got in and actually got seats! Thank GOD! My camera isn't that great so I didn't get any good pics of the concert but I now have a new fav band! Check out Blue October! My Favorite Balance Beam and Pulling Heaven Down...now he did them all acoustic and they were wonderful! I was crying during some of them...and it was so cool to see and MEET Stephanie Meyer! We also got her autograph on a limited edition bookplate! DeAnna was awsome and made us 'Forks' earrings and got Cullen crest t-shirts! Which Stephanie Meyer loved!!





After the concert we decided to stay in NYC for the midnight releasal of the book. With book in hand at 12:34 we headed to the train station to read on our trip home!

2 comments:

TLKOREGON said...

How fun to go to NYC. I love that place. I also like Blue October, although after listening to their CD I felt like I needed to go on antidepressants. Looks like you had fun!

Renee said...

You are really making me want to go to NYC and see the 4-D show in the wax museum, that sounds so cool. Thanks for sharing.