Friday, November 7, 2008

Vote!

So this was the 1st year, I'm sad to say that I have ever voted...my sad excuses for not voting in the last 2 elections are...I was out of town for the 1st in 2000 and I was out of country in 2004, we didn't get our absentee papers out in time...
With that I thought it would be a good year to get out and be a good example to my children and vote! They had lots of fun with this as well, Philip had a mock election at his school and they gave him the flag for voting. Since Brother had something Michael wanted something as well, so I made the 'Vote' sign. They waved it all along the way to school as well as down the hall when we were going to get in line. They were really good for standing in line for 25 minutes.
When it was time for me to vote all I could see was the cords everywhere and so did the boys...I kept thinking...oh, great...my kids are going to unplug the things and we are going to have a big mess!! So I kept telling them to put thier hands in the pockets. We all got 'I Voted' stickers which made them happy! Hopefully they will take thier kids with them when they vote.

No comments: