Thursday, November 20, 2008

The mother of all rashes!


This is Michael's leg....and that is the rash that happened in 20 minutes! I had changed is pants just before we went to get Philip from school one afternoon....by the time it took to get back home about 20 minutes, we stopped to talk to a few people, he was walking funny and crying! I got him in the house and could smell the acid poo...he had leaked down his leg, the crazy thing is this is the only place that got angry! So I changed him and tried to put some diaper ointment on it, but he screamed like I was trying to tear his leg off! He did go down for a nap but woke up screaming! It got worse as the day went on and by the time he went to bed it looked like this! The poor mite was walking like he had ridden a horse for days! I called the dr's office the next morning and talked to a nurse she told me that it was more than likely a chemical burn and to let it air dry as much as possible and it just had to heal....we are still trying to think what this kid ate to cause that kind of poo!

No comments: