Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Baker that Can't WIN!


This year for Brent's Squadron Christmas party I decided to make a Carrot Cake. Having never made a carrot cake before...I did a test run on Sunday night with our small group. It turned out really good! I made a few adjustments but over all was happy with the outcome. I even had a little helper when I made the entry cake. Michael was all to happy to help.


I was going to make fondant trees and snowmen...but I figured having never worked with fondant and being very preggo that it may not be a good idea...so I made these really cute paper piecings. I figured...carrot cake...snowmen...carrot noses. It worked. The trees were just for fun. My friend Melissa also had an entry, she made this awesome Oreo cake it looked just like an Oreo and tasted even better! Michael actually picked her's to win. What can I say chocolate...

But the moment of truth came....there were 3 entries...and let's just say...the Oreo & Carrot lost. So even though I worked on that cake the bulk of the afternoon, I still lost...and sorry to say will have to really be coaxed into making another masterpiece to enter in another one. At least with that crowd...

1 comment:

Kira said...

I love the looks of your cake. Very cute.