Thursday, December 7, 2006

Missing England

Well, it's been a few months since we moved from England. And I miss it! I miss everything! My neighborhood is the thing I miss the most. I have some great friends in that Close. And life was easy there. Only one choice at the commissary! I never got headaches there. This new commissary every time I go in it I get a headache! I didn't know that there were 15 choices of pasta all the same shape!! Tesco had the BEST produce ever! And the markets were wonderful!! I miss the weather too! All this sun is nuts! We've been to DC a few times and it was neat and I liked going to all the monuments but it's no London. I keep wanting to go back home. Like we are just visiting. I do like the house we have and the community is great for shopping and our church is wonderful. It's just not the same. I had loads of stay at home moms as friends that at any time we could go and hang out with each other. I had lots of friends just across the street from me for when we only had one car it wasn't an issue. Here I feel really separate from everything. Brent works in such tight security I can't go see him. I have met 1 of his co-workers she's really nice but there is no connection with anyone else. We are like 20 mins from the base and I haven't met anyone from there either, it's a little hard with out a car to get there. Brent tries to let me go and do things when he gets home but I don't want to go anywhere after dealing with the kids all day. And going to the commissary isn't 'mommy time'! I'm selling Creative Memories but I can't get out and meet people during the day. I have crops once a month and do other workshops but it's not what I want out of my business. I just need to get thru the holidays and get up and just go and do. Even if I have to walk, just to get out. That's what I miss about England, I guess life changed for me there and it stayed the same but I just moved and I haven't figured out how to make it the same. Or maybe it will never be the same. Oh, well I'll just go have a cup of PG tips and smile for now.

Philip even misses it! When he get really sad or tired he asks to go home. When I ask him where home is he doesn't know but it's not here. It breaks my heart! He wonders where Grandma Joan is he asked to go see her the other day. He loves to watch Charlie and Lola with thier accents. I feel bad for him he has memories and doesn't know how to know that we aren't going back to his home.

But I will be forever grateful that I was able to have the experience and have such wonderful friends and places to miss. And I can always go back! TTFN!

No comments: