Friday, January 4, 2008

Iowa.....oh Iowa......

The election year is up and running and last night was the Iowa caucus.....

And the winners were Senator Obama for the Democratic ticket
and Governor Huckabee for the Republican ticket

I have NO idea who to vote for in the election in November, thank goodness I have 11 months to figure that out....and this doesn't solidify the party tickets for these 2 people...

But here are some things that have crossed my mind about the 2 people that could historically change this country.

Obama- I don't know much about him, I know that Oprah likes him, that he has 2 young children, when ever he and his wife are on TV they really look in love and happy and he's running for president. He seems like a nice guy.

1. Obama worries me because he doesn't put his hand over his heart during the National Anthem. Now, it may not seem like a BIG thing, but will this cause other people to not do it??? Will they stop teaching it in schools? For some reason it bothers me, I know that because of the wonderful country we live in that we have the choice and that he has the choice but if he wants to run this country to show a little respect in a tradition of ours.

2. He wants to take out the troops...now I don't like the fact that we are STILL at war....and that young men & women are dying but I really feel if we pull out now or in the near future that it will just cause my boys and their generation to have to fix it again.

3. I do like that he supports the Guest Worker program.

4. I do like that he thinks that "marriage" is a word meant for a man & a woman.


Huckabee- I know a little more about him because I lived in AR during his governorhood. I know that he is a Baptist preacher, that he lived in a triple wide while the Governors mansion was being updated and renovated, that he's a father of grown children and he's from ARKANSAS!!

1. This is what worries me....he's from ARKANSAS! As far as I know it's at least in the 40s for ranking in Education, medical care, poverty, and housing.

2. Why do the American people think that a governor from Arkansas can run the country?? I have nothing against him as a person....he seems like a nice guy but from Arkansas...

3. He did create the Covenant Marriage act and that 'marriage' is for a man & a woman.

4.He thinks that we should finish what we started in Iraq and finish it right...

So there is my little political say for the moment...
I'm excited to be so close to DC during all of this and for the chance to maybe meet a Presidential Candide Republican or Democrat.


2 comments:

TLKOREGON said...

If you have read my blog, you know I am voting for Ron Paul. As far as the war goes, I think you have to look at the TRUE reason. It is all about money and oil, and I don't think that spending any more long amounts of time over there will change what is going on over there. I don't think we should just cut and run, but I think that it should start moving in the direction of getting out of it. There is A LOT of corrupt stuff behind the scenes of this country, and I think it's something everyone should start looking into. Anyway...enough of that, this political stuff could drive you CRAZY. We just have to remember who is ULITMATELY in control.

Kira said...

Oh wow, all this political stuff is just so overwhelming. I'm not sure yet who to vote for but I always like hearing the views of people that I know & trust more than political commentators.