Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The BEST Birthday Present!

This is the last of the BEST birthday present ever!
My dear friend DeAnna is so sweet and thoughtful! When I was preggo with Michael I craved baklava and the best was from Harrods in London! But it's hard to always get there and it's expensive. Well, what can you say, 30 layers with butter, honey and nuts! Now, I love it anyways, even when I'm not pregnant.
Anyways, knowing this DeAnna made baklava for me when I was preggo and you know what?...her's is better! I think I had it 2-3 times during my pregnancy with Michael. Knowing that each batch was a labor of love. Well, as most of you know we were pregnant at the beginning of this year, and by my birthday we had lost the baby. I hadn't gotten to call every one yet to tell them and I really couldn't say it any more. But it was about the 2nd of February and we got a box from Dee and her family. She had birthday presents for the boys and a present for me. I was a little shocked to see plastic ware in the box....then I knew...And I cried! Yes, I cried over baklava! I cried because I knew I had a wonderful friend. I cried because I had some CRAZY hormones surging thru me! I cried because she knew I loved this last time I was pregnant. I cried because I wasn't anymore. But I cried because I don't think I have ever been blessed as much as I was in that moment.
Yes, baklava gave me a revlation. And I loved it! I was very nice and did share...and thought it was sooo sweet that Jason helped out too! I ate it very slowly sometimes and didn't other times. I have to say it's the best baklava ever! But I still just really like going to Harrods!
Thank you DeAnna!

1 comment:

Jason and DeAnna said...

HI Girlfriend! No problem! I'll gladly make you baklava the next time I get a wild hair! I know how you love it. I feel honored to get a whole blog entry about my baklava :) I know it says Jason is posting, but it's me Dee!