Thursday, April 12, 2007

In Honor of National Siblings Day

Well, according to the Great Oprah the other day was National Siblings Day!! So in honor of that I have a few pics to post and a few memories to share.....


This is for: Samantha, Mia, Bethany, and Chris....my sisters and brotherAnd for the new additions: Patrick, Evan and Bryan

There is a picture I keep close to my heart of all of the ones I call sister and brother. The 1st Christmas we akwardly became a family. The year of trick or treating and the homemade costumes. All 5 of us in the bed and the little one said....PEEP!! And we got shamed by the beating of a paper back book! Not even a thick one only to hear them laugh as they closed the door...we kept laughing too! Waiting for Christmas morning and trying to catch a peek. "The sky is falling!!" Thanksgiving glamour shots! The 'lob a peach' over the house game we invented due to boredom. Cutting wood in the freezing cold to feel warm. And going outside in 110 heat to appreciate the "cool" house. The trips to Chuck E Cheese with the teenagers (Mia and Chris) and having as much fun as the other kids. The food fights, the real fights...the hugs, tears, all through the years...


The years have flown...I remember by chance I had this great friend and we wished to be sisters and lo and behold we actually became sisters! What a wonderful blessing. The Story is long and messy (adults tend to mess things up) but the outcome was I got 2 sisters and a little brother! I loved having a big family. The holidays were always full and lots of fun. Summertime was full of games, orchard work, ice cream. In a small house it was sometimes cramped and we longed for privacy but the fact we had a confidant and a playmate out weighed the lack of space. We grew up and the visits slowly were trumped by school activities, boyfriends, a bad fight...but I hope that you know that I missed you and the times we spent together. We became adults and have moved on to our own lives...don't get to see much of eachother any more due to one reason or another. But just for one day if not more I do wish we could all be together and be like it was so long ago. Put aside the hurt and the ugly words, forgive and just be our big family...

To my little sister:

I remember the day I first saw you...I had prayed for you, a best friend a playmate. I had been thru a class about babies and how to handle them. They scrubbed me up and I washed my hands with the soap that docs used (I thought that was really cool) and sat in a chair. Daddy handed you to me and you were all bundled up and asleep. I remember thinking that you were the most beautiful baby ever. After a while they put you in my room and I would lull you to sleep when you would wake up, find your binkie and help feed you. I thought you were my doll. The years went by and time changes things (again Adults messing things up) we were always sisters but not always nice. I do know that no matter where you went you always wanted to bring one back for me too. I don't ever know if I ever thanked you...I'll do it now...Thank you for all of the peppermints, dum dums, pieces of gum and every thing else. I moved away and kinda forgot that you still were small. I always wanted to protect you but couldn't some times. But now you are a beautiful lady, I think the most beautiful lady ever...some things don't change. You are a wonderful sister and friend. Thank you!
To the new additions: Patrick, Evan and Bryan Welcome to the family!! If you haven't guessed our family motto is: "We put the 'fun' in disfunctional!!! I do hope you get the chance to really experience the joy of this wonderful family. Even though Patrick has no choice because of me being married to his brother!! Some day we will all have one of the fabled Christmases complete with a retarded star!! I do feel very blessed to be apart of this family and I love you all soooo much!!

No comments: