Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Secret I Love You

I was reading on the wondertime website (it's a great mag and a neat website!)www.wondertime.com

They had a section on how different families say 'I Love You'. I was thinking about how we say I love you in our family. Mostly we just say it. Or we have a meal that we know they will enjoy. Or a glance, smile, wink (I love that Philip and Michael try to wink at us.) We kiss, Michael just started giving kisses with the smooch sound and all!! And I love that both of my babies learned that sound from us and our displays of affections. Michael will see us kissing and start making the kissing sound. They both kiss thier favorite stuffed animals. And enjoy eskimo kisses and butterfly kisses (always with giggles). But the thing that Brent and I have done for a long time is squeeze hands. 3 times for who ever starts it (I Love You) and 4 times for the other (I Love You Too!). Simple and quite. No one knows when we do it, it's just for us. Well, this has been happening for a long time in my family, apparently my parents had this same ritual when they were dating and relationship. They even have pendants (hey it was the 70s) that have this engraved on the back. I started it with Brent when we were dating and have continued to do it when ever we hold hands. The other day Philip did it to me, not thinking I squeezed his hand back 4 times. He looked at me and said "you love me too!!!" That warmed my heart and made me a little teary eyed. But it just made me feel loved above all!

Do you have a secret way of saying I Love You????

No comments: