Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Name Game a Weighty Issue

Since we have found out the sex of the baby we have had a boys name for quite some time now...but never had a girls, well kinda, but I decided that I wasn't inlove with the name, the nickname but not the name. And every time I tried to talk to Brent about a girl's name he would divert the conversation....I guess he knew...

But we are naming #3 Anthony Paul

Anthony is after my mother's father his name was Antonio (But on a side note I can't name a 'white' baby an ethnic name.) Not that I don't like that name it's very strong and masculine but my kids are WHITE! I can't do it! But we will call him Tony for short. And that's how I remember my grandfather, I called him Grandpa Tony.

Paul is after Brent's father and grandfather. There is a whole 'jr/sr' thing going on there but it's not this generation to name that it should have been Brent's name so it wouldn't be approiate to skip the generation. Plus, Brent's Aunt Kathy took the namesake so.....there you go.

We were going to go with Edward as the middle name but Anthony Edward...I kept thinking of the actor on ER that died years ago...then after reading the Twilight series (EVERY ONE SHOULD) the main characters name is Edward Anthony....I can't do that. Really... And after finally watching Iron Man I wanted to know more about Tony Stark, and googled it....well Tony Stark is infact named Anthony Edward....so that was the last nail in the coffin for that name.

On a lighter note...pun intended...I'm now nearly the start weight I was when I got pregnant with Philip! Pregnancy has been the best weight loss plan for me so far! That 5 pounds I couldn't get rid of after Michael and the 5 pounds I kept after I lost 'Cube' are now a thing of the past. I'm 3 pounds away from being the original start weight for both boys. Which is interesting because I started at the end weight for both of them with this pregnancy. I was worried about gaining more than I was really, and wondered how it would affect my body. Thankfully I haven't suffered from any ailments due to my weight. My asthma has flared up for the first time in over 5 years! I'm back on an inhaled steriod and Singulair, but the risks out weigh the outcome i.e. not breathing. The doctors are not worried about the baby so that's fine with me. It has been kinda crummy the way I lost the weight I would not recommend throwing up everything you eat, or try to eat.... But other than that things are going well and we can't wait to meet Little Tony~!

No comments: