Friday, October 3, 2008

Reclaiming our things...

When we opened our door to the men who would carefully pack and box our things 2 years ago we never thought for a moment that they would rob us blind! But that's what you get for thinking! Last night we had to finish our claim on our things that were damaged, missing or stolen. I had to go online and get the prices/value for everything, most of my pieces had been retired. Brent has bought me Lladro for special occasions over the years, mostly anniversaries and the birth of our 1st born. I have loved Lladro since I was a little girl, I remember sitting in the 'off limits' room at grandmas looking at her beautiful statues. My favorite was of a young girl getting harrassed by a puppy. The soft creamy and muted colors were just beautiful. I was more than overjoyed when Brent bought my 1st piece for me! The most special would be the 2 doves called "Love Nest" that I remember seeing in the jewlery shop when Brent and I 1st started dating, I would have loved to have had it for a wedding cake topper but it was expensive....years later we found it in the BX in England. I was so excited to have found it again that Brent bought it for me right then!! This leads me to the picture posted...when making a claim you have to have picture proof of that you 'owned' it, this one is of my swans. But the "Love Nest" was never displayed...we bought it in July of 2006 and we packed out August 2006, I just left it in it's box to come out at our new house. And with that I have no picture....we have pictures of all of the other ones but that...Brent thinks that they may give us a hard time about it...but all I can say is we were robbed! No no one broke into our house but they packed a box with very special things and replaced it with an empty box! I think it's horrible that we are the ones that have to 'prove' something when we were the one's who did no wrong!

I'll keep this posted to how things turn out, hopefully I'll get to have my pieces back...

No comments: