Monday, October 13, 2008

Navy Day Ball

We went to the Navy Ball this year! It was lots of fun, the Navy knows how to throw a party! Thankfully, my smarter than me sister, Mia, picked out a great bridemaids dress that I have gotten to wear 3 times now while I'm pregnant.
It was at the Marriot over by BWI this year instead of a country club. It was nicer I think. Dinner was served quickly and was good. The speaker didn't talk for too long. The DJ was a sailor and was really good, he played mostly songs that got you on the dance floor. The first one being the Macarena....I felt soooo old when I was talking with a young airman who was at our table, he was 7 when that song was popular in the summer of 1996!!! ARRRGH!! But of course there were a few slow songs that I didn't make Brent dance to, they were the worst slow songs you could have picked, I did give the DJ a hard time about those choices. Brent promised to mosh if they played 'Smells like Teen Spirit' but they ran out of time. It was a really good time, I didn't have my group of girls to dance with I had to dance with an intoxicated Capt and an airman that was 7 in 1996, but they were funny, especially during the hair band tribute. Brent did dance a little but thought it would be best to document the silliness in pictures. I'll spare you those pictures.



1 comment:

Kira said...

Very cool - I am happy to hear that someone out there actually wears an event dress multiple times!