Saturday, January 31, 2009

37 week update...

37 weeks was interesting...it started with a bang...more like a whack!
-Monday on my way to pick up Philip I fell...yes, before all of the snow and ice hit. (I don't need obstructions to kill myself!) Thankfully my friend Tiffany was with me and went and got Phil while I sat on my rump assessing the situation. I gave myself 20 minutes to feel 'better' and contractions started so I called the Dr's office and they told me to come to L&D. So, Brent came home...and off we went...
10 hours and 2 rooms later we got discharged but not with out an IV, tests, those stretchy bands for the monitors that they didn't design for a 'bigger' momma and the best of all...pelvic exam! We had a great nurse though, she was awesome! I must write her a note. I hope she's working when we are there. And my doc was on call, so that was nice. We started out in a Labor room then because of all of the mommies that were in 'labor' and waiting the pending result that could have caused us to have the baby then they moved us to a recovery room, reason: it was 10 feet away from the OR. Down side, NOT a hospital bed, but a gurney! OUCH! I had contractions all thru the night but they didn't seem to bother the staff as much as they did me and Anthony who was moving around enough to make me nauseated, which resulted in drugs...and due to the pain from the contractions the 'new nurse' (yes we were there for 3 shifts) thought I was complaining about my pain from the fall...I also got some Vicodin. So, needless to say, I was flying high...still nauseated, feeling the pressure and getting kicked...oh, and STARVING! I was put on NPO status, also, bedrest until Wednesday at my appointment, then we'd go from there. Brent was great the entire time, poor guy refused to eat.
-(Tuesday)So, upon leaving we went to the 24 hour McDonald's drive thru...fyi...they have a limited menu that does not include a simple plain hamburger! That's nice...tell a VERY pregnant woman who hadn't eaten in 15 hours that the one thing she wants isn't available! So, we came home went to bed, Brent stayed home with us and wouldn't let me do anything...I went from the bed when I couldn't stand to lay down anymore to the couch. And of course the snow and ice hit...so Philip wound up coming home early Tuesday and there was no school Wednesday.
-Wednesday's appointment, I was moving slow...but all checked out good. Heart rate good, blood pressure great, measurements right on track, still only 5 pounds gained...and the funnest...for some reason either I didn't do it (don't know why) or they lost the results but my inital blood panel didn't exisit so I had to visit the Vampires. And in the continuing saga to locate my medical records, we faxed the 'right' form to hopefully get them so the doc can review my surgical notes.
-Thursday, Brent came home early, Philip got to go to school. We were going to have pictures taken Monday but had to cancel, so this was the other day we could go. We got Philip's 5th, Michael's 3rd and Preggo Pics. Brent was super sweet and OK'd a trip to CheeseCake Factory but when we got there it was a 15-30 minute wait they couldn't say which...so we got cheese cake and went somewhere else.
-Friday, Philip's school had a day off...Teacher work day. Brent took the day off I wouldn't be able to handle the kids...they are trying to put me into labor! I slept most of the day...in the afternoon I got a call from the Drs office...the "National archives" that should have my records do not infact have them...they are at Leavenworth! WHAT! So, Monday Brent has to make some calls and hopefully they can get my records to the doc in 9 days! Cynamon came over in the evening to help me with one of the bigger projects. The washing & folding & rearranging of the baby clothes. We also made up the crib, for some reason the bumper doesn't fit like it did before...but we made it work. So 4 loads and 2 baskets full of clothes we finished around midnight! I'm starting to panic...Mom & Mia will be here in a week...Phil's party is next Saturday...I'm still organizing the house and trying to get things in order, but slowly...and I get tired so fast! But the baby will come, and it won't matter if I didn't get everything done, I just don't feel that way at this point...I want to get as much as I can done! Oh, well, one more week!



Here are some of the preggo pics *Warning they are belly shots....dun dun dun....






1 comment:

myboys9802 said...

LOVE IT!!
:)
The belly shots are soo cute.
Have you given the boys washable markers to let them draw/write on your belly and take pics.
It was fun to let Jacob write on Connor.

HUGS