Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Croc Hunter

steve:[[Steve, the Croc Hunter has now been gone from us for a year now. And yet he seems still with us, showing us beauty in animals and that they are truly just as much a part of this world as we are. We were checking into our hotel about to leave England when the TV in the lounge reported that Steve had died. I had to sit down, I couldn't believe it....even knowing that he put his life on the line all the time. I guess I thought he was ivincible and that animals loved him as much as he loved them....and I know that what happened was an accident but it's just so sad. His wife and children especially Bindi are doing a wonderful job of carrying the torch. What made it worse was that just a few months prior Philip had discovered 'Steve' and started watching his shows. Since they were showing so much of him being only 2 1/2 he kept clapping and saying 'I love Steve' thinking that it was just another show. He still watches the Croc Hunter shows and now we have a family favorite, Bindi the Jungle Girl. It's really neat, the sad part is they started filming before Steve died and he has been in all the ones we have seen so far. His wife, Terri is so strong and wonderfully faithful to him still and his mission in life. I couldn't be so strong. My heart goes out to her and the young son who will only really get to know his dad from shows. But I guess he will know his father well in a since because you could see the heart and soul of that man and the love he had for animals. I have watched the croc hunter for as long as I can remember, Brent still has the action figure I bought him back from the Christmas of 2000. Funny thing, the action figure has been thru some attacks himself, from teething babies to puppy teething! He is now safely and proudly displayed on the top of the computer desk. Smiling always, smiling...That's why I guess we all love him...we felt like he was a friend, the crazy friend we all love who always smiled!
So, to the world (human and animal) we all lost a great friend. But we will always have the shows and specials that will always be on for us to see. he world will never be the same because of him and it hasn't been the same since we lost him but what a blessing to have had him in our time to know or at least get a peek into the mind of a man who loved all creatures.

Crikey! We miss you mate!!

No comments: