Wednesday, September 5, 2007

We survived the 1st Day of School!




Yesterday was Philip's 1st day of school, preschool, but the 1st time someone else will take care of my baby other than Brent or I during the day for an extended period of time. Don't get me wrong he's had babysitters, but these ladies will be helping raise and mold Phil. And for a Christian school I'm grateful! So, we got up, he wanted cereal, Brent was ready to make what ever he wanted for breakfast, and he wanted kix!! Brent took the day off for moral support. So we got ready, and he brushed his teeth. He looked so cute in his new Gap outfit!! Very grown up. He nearly ran to his classroom! I had to hold his hand to keep him from running. Now, for those of you who don't know...in the picture the door to the left of them is the classroom door and the door to the right with the gray box next to it is my office!! So he's not far....but still! I decided to not work during his 1st day but go home. Brent took Michael to the commissary and I took a NAP! I should have cleaned but with not feeling well I rested, it was wonderful! When it was time to get him we went back to pick him up and they checked thier cubbys and got in line to walk to the foyer. As soon as he saw us he smiled so big and ran right to us!

He had a great 1st day. Once he understood that you have to listen....he loves is teachers too!! I have my 1st piece of art from school too! It's an 'all about me book' very cool! And a Scholastic book sales thingy. I had forgotten all about those!! I'm so excited! Books! They are learning about 'me' for now and then about community. Brent and some co-workers may be able to go up in uniform to teach them about military service in the community. That will be really cool and of course there will be pictures! My baby all grown up! Suprisingly I didn't cry, I was a little sad to see him just say 'bye' and run into the room. But the smile he had when he saw us was priceless! We took him to McDonald's for lunch and he told us about his day. He even took a nap that afternoon without a fuss. He's growing so fast!

No comments: